Laser Periodontal Surgery
Sedona Periodontics is proud to offer a full array of laser gum treatment options for your convenience. Whether you're seeking help for your gum disease, aesthetic gum therapy to correct that gummy smile or simply a gentler alternative to traditional gum surgery, rest assured that we will have the answer for you. Dr. Sakkaris and his staff have expertise in the latest laser techniques reduce your anxiety regarding gum surgery, minimize any post-operative discomfort, and accelerate your healing process. While Dr. Sakkaris is well versed in many aspects of conventional periodontal therapy, he is extremely proud to offer his patients the most advanced periodontal care options available.
Laser Periodontal Therapy goes by many names and flavors these days. All lasers are NOT created equal, and neither are their operators. Dr. Sakkaris offers the three most popular wave lengths of laser therapy to perform an astounding variety of procedure with the utmost care:
- Nd:YAG- A soft tissue specific laser which has been shown to aid in the selective removal of diseased tissues, disease causing bacteria and the regeneration of lost tooth support.
- Er:YAG- A hard tissue (teeth and bone) laser with many soft tissue applications. This laser is extremely effective in many procedures such as flap-less crown lengthening, tissue recontouring and root surface treatment.
- Diode Laser- A generalized soft tissue laser which is adept at soft tissue recontouring, diseased tissue removal and lesion resection.
Patients: Please be advised... If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Although laser gum surgery is a wonderful alternative to traditional gum surgery, it is by no means a replacement. There are decades of research touting the efficacy of traditional gum surgical techniques. With that said, Laser gum surgery is gaining in popularity and it is quickly becoming the preferred approach to gum disease management. It is by no means a "silver bullet". Nothing works all the time! Please choose your laser dentist wisely because:
- Your dentist should be able to have a candid, honest discuss ion of ALL the available treatment options, benefits, risks and indications.
- If laser therapy is not indicated, what other approaches will they be able to perform?
- If things go wrong, will they be able to respond?
- If all your dentist has is a single laser, a single laser is all you'll get.
As a Board Certified Specialist in the practice of periodontal surgery, Dr. Sakkaris is uniquely positioned to assess your particular needs. All approaches of management for your gum disease will be evaluated and applied to your particular situation. No cookie cutters here! Your therapy will be tailored to you, and you alone.
Live patient videos and information regarding the Powerlase AT can be seen at the following sites:
|Scaling and Root Planing|
|Soft Tissue Grafts|